May 29, 2013

superhero quilt finish!

 I dont really know what to say about this quilt, it seemed to fight me on each step of the process!  Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. 


I cut the triangles without really planning anything, and ended up futzing around with them on the design wall for awhile.  Tried out random placement, zigzags and almost went with one giant hexagon (kinda looked a little like Captain America's shield, but more colors!)   




Quilting this one took awhile to decide on too.  (and thanks for the suggestions from the NOVA MQG..even if I didnt use them!)  I went with a random cross hatch, with the lines being grouped up to 3, and at semi-random intervals.  Truthfully, it got a little less random than I would have liked, but it still looks great.
 

I love this backing print.  Its so fun!  I wish I had more of it, but its an out of print fabric, and was hard enough to track down a yard for this quilt.


I had extra half triangles from strip cutting the triangles, so I pieced them into the back.  Finally, bound with scrap bin kona greys, and washed for the extra crinkly-ness, and another quilt done!

No comments:

Post a Comment